- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham and Lima Casserole Recipe
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Lima beans||20 Ounce|
|Ham||2 Cup (32 tbs), cubed|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), packaged|
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.5 mg
Sodium 466.9 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.8%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 28 g55.2%
Vitamin A 27.4% Vitamin C 76.5%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) In large skillet, saute the onion in the 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, until soft.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper.
4) In a shallow 8-cup baking dish, arrange lima beans and ham in layers and pour over the tomato mixture.
5) In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon melted butter and bread crumbs together sprinkle over the casserole.
6) Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.