- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham and Leek Rolls with Cheese and Chive Sauce Recipe
|Cooked ham slices||12|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch, grated|
|White wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2129 Calories from Fat 447
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g77.8%
Saturated Fat 24.6 g123.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.7 mg
Sodium 883.2 mg36.8%
Total Carbohydrates 281 g93.5%
Dietary Fiber 27.5 g109.9%
Sugars 84.1 g
Protein 93 g186.7%
Vitamin A 530.6% Vitamin C 317.5%
Calcium 143.4% Iron 179.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the tough green portion from leeks, while keeping tender green and white intact.
2. Insert a cut along the greener part of the leek into white. Wash the leek under running water after opening up the leek.
3. Cover and simmer in a little water for 15 to 20 minutes or till tender. Instead, cook in the microwave. Drain and using ham slices, wrap each leek.
4. Take a shallow baking dish, grease with butter well and arrange the wrapped leeks as a single layer.
5. Take a small saucepan, add butter and milk and heat on medium heat.
6. Toss cornstarch and cheese to mix thoroughly. Divide into three portions and add one portion each to milk, while stirring to a smooth mixture. Continue stirring and cook till mixture thickens.
7. Add nutmeg, chives, wine, pepper and salt as required.
8. Top ham-leek rolls with chives mixture and bake for 15 minutes.
9. Serve immediately.