- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham and Green Pepper Omelette Recipe
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Tomatoes||2 , skinned, seeded and roughly chopped|
|Lean ham||2 Ounce, cut into small dice (60 Gram)|
Calories 83 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.4 mg
Sodium 164.3 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 15.1%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat the oil in an omelette pan and cook the green pepper until it is just soft.
3. Stir in the tomatoes and the ham. Heat through for 1 minute.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan over the vegetables. Stir the mixture briskly with a wooden spoon, until it begins to cook.
5. As the egg begins to set, lift it slightly and tilt the pan to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath.
6. When the egg on top is still slightly creamy, fold the omelette in half and slip it onto a serving plate. Serve immediately.