- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham And Egg Crown Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||3 Tablespoon (3 Envelopes)|
|Instant chicken broth||3 Ounce (3 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||4 1⁄4 Cup (68 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Hard cooked eggs||6 , sliced|
|Pimientos||4 Ounce, drained and diced (1 Can / Jar)|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced boiled ham||4 Ounce|
|Whipped cream cheese with chives||4 Ounce (1 Container)|
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.1%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.6 mg
Sodium 1277 mg53.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.5%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 18 g35.6%
Vitamin A 29.3% Vitamin C 54.2%
Calcium 9% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan, add the gelatin to chicken broth, 2 cups water, sugar and salt and let stand until soft.
2. Then place pan on a low flame and heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves completely.
3. Take pan off the heat and stir 2 more cups water, lemon juice and red-pepper seasoning.
4. Remove 1 cup of this mixture into a small bowl and pour the remaining into a an 8-cup jelly mold
5. Place the mold in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes until it thicken to consistency of egg white.
6. To the reserved gelatin mixture, add the mayonnaise or salad dressing and mustard and whisk until well blended.
7. Pour this into an a shallow tray.
8. Freeze about 20 minutes, or until firm around edges, but semi set in center.
9. Slice eggs. Place 8 of the prettiest center slices separately and chop remaining slices.
10. Spread each ham slice with cream cheese. Roll up, staring from short end, wrap in wax paper and chill until required for garnish.
11. When gelatin thickens in the mold, arrange the reserved egg slices in a ring on top.
12. Return to refrigerator to firm
13. Spoon mayonnaise-gelatin mixture into a large bowl and beat until thick and light.
14. Fold in pimientos, celery, green pepper and diced eggs.
15. Gently spread this mixture over sticky-firm layer in mold.
16. Return mold to refrigerator for least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, until firm and thoroughly chilled.
17. To unmold the salad, run a sharp tipped knife around edge, then dip mold for a 2 seconds in hot water and invert onto a serving plate.
18. Cut each ham roll into 6 slices and stand them around salad
19. Garnish top with sprigs of fresh watercress.
20. Serve the salad immediately.