- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham and Corn Casserole Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 , seeded, chopped|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned cream style corn||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cooked potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Cooked ham||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|American cheese/Other similar processed cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.1%
Saturated Fat 18 g89.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.5 mg
Sodium 591.6 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 30 g61%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 31%
Calcium 42.5% Iron 34%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, saute the green pepper in the butter.
2) Stir in the seasonings and flour.
3) Gradually stir in the milk and cook until thick.
4) In a slow cooker, place the pepper mixture with rest of the ingredients, stir to mix well.
5) Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.