- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham and Cheddar Quiche Recipe
|9 inch pie shell||1 (Unbaked)|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
|Ham||4 Ounce, ground cooked (1 Cup)|
|Half-and-half/Light cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ham strips||5 , cooked (6 Inches Long, 1/4-Inch Wide)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (1 Cup)|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.6%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg52.9%
Sodium 466.2 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.5%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 16 g32.7%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 0.69%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Apply egg white on the inner side of the pie shell; refrigerate until use.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In the bottom of the pie shell, sprinkle ground cooked ham.
4. In a medium bowl, using a wire whisk or rotary beater, beat eggs with half-and-half, salt, nutmeg and pepper just until combined but not frothy.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell.
6. Place the pie in the oven and bake on the lower rack of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes until just puffy and golden.
7. Remove the pie from oven arrange the ham strips on top as shown in the picture.
8. Sprinkle cheese between ham strip gaps.
9. Return the quiche to the oven and bake for 5 minutes just until the cheese melts.
10. Shift the quiche to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
11. Serve warm.