- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham and Cabbage Casserole Recipe
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Instant minced onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|New potatoes||5 Small (Raw, Unpeeled)|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Small, cut into 4 wedges and cored|
|Carrots||4 Large, pared and cut into 4 inch sticks|
|Canned ham||1 Pound, canned|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Hot dog relish||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.6%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.7 mg40.2%
Sodium 2440.2 mg101.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A 248.7% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Set electric skillet at 300F.
2. In the skillet, bring 3 cups water to boiling and add onion and salt.
3. Add potatoes and cook with cover for 25 minutes until tender.
4. If necessary add another1/2 cup water during cooking,.
5. Add cabbage and carrot and cook 10 minutes longer.
6. In the center of skillet place ham and dot vegetables with butter.
7. With cover cook 5 minutes longer.
8. Serve right from skillet, along with relish.