- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham And Broccoli Royale Recipe
|Uncooked regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen broccoli spears||20 Ounce (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (3/4 Stick)|
|Fresh bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs) (From 4 Slices)|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped fine to make 2 cups|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cubed cooked ham||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Cups)|
|White american cheese||8 Ounce, sliced, processed|
Calories 1046 Calories from Fat 428
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.5%
Saturated Fat 27.5 g137.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.3 mg
Sodium 1624 mg67.7%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.4%
Sugars 22.6 g
Protein 62 g123.3%
Vitamin A 26.8% Vitamin C 98.9%
Calcium 65.3% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. As per label directions cook rice and spoon into a greased refrigerator-to-oven baking dish, 13x9x2.
2. As per label directions cook the broccoli and drain well.
3. Over the rice in baking dish, place the cooked broccoli in a single layer.
4. In a large frying pan melt butter or margarine, measure out 2 tablespoonfuls, sprinkle over bread crumbs in a small bowl and set aside.
5. Into remaining butter in frying pan saute onions such that soft.
6. Stir in flour, salt and pepper and cook with constant stirring such that bubbly.
7. Stir in milk and cook with constant stirring such that the sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute.
8. Stir in ham, heat again such that bubbly and pour over layers in baking dish.
9. Over the sauce place cheese slices, sprinkle buttered bread crumbs over all and chill with cover.
10. Uncover the baking dish about 45 minutes before serving time and bake in moderate oven 350° for 45 minutes such that bubbly and crumb topping is golden.