- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bryanna's Vegan Ham Recipe Video
|For dry mix|
|Wheat gluten||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nutritional yeast flakes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic granules||1 Teaspoon|
|For wet mix|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegan bacon bits||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Extra firm tofu||12 Ounce (cut into small cubes)|
|Vegan beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegan chicken broth||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Liquid smoke||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 470 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 45 g90.3%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 Degree F. Prepare two bread pans greased with oil.
FOR MAKING DOUGH
2. In the bread machine, add the wheat gluten, soy flour, nutritional yeast flakes, onion powder, garlic granules and set aside.
3. In a blender, add hot water and vegan bacon bits, blend until smooth. Then add cold water, soy sauce, ketchup and extra firm tofu cubes. Blend well to smoothen.
4. Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture in the bread machine. Start the bread machine's dough cycle and let it sit for an hour.
FOR MAKING BROTH
5. In a pan over medium heat, add the vegan beef broth, vegan chicken broth, sesame oil, brown sugar, ketchup, liquid smoke. Mix well and keep the broth on low heat.
FOR MAKING HAM LOAF
6. Run the dough cycle once more for 10 minutes.
7. Divide the dough into 2 loafs. Then place in the bread pans, pour over the broth and cover with the foil.
8. Place in the oven at 200 Degree F for 3 hours. Turn over and place back in the oven for 30 minutes. Increase the heat to 325 Degree F. Turn over again and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
9. Turn over again and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, turn over last time and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
10. Slice the Vegan Ham loaf into pieces and serve.