- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Haloumi Salad Recipe Video
|Halloumi cheese||250 Gram, sliced (Cut into 8 thick slices)|
|Strawberry||4 Medium (cut thinly with the ends intact to fan it out)|
|Lemon||1 Medium, juiced and zested (Zest of the entire lemon used)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Basil leaf||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm) (as required)|
|Bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (crispy bacon used)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, julienned|
|Salad greens||1 Bunch (100 gm) (assorted)|
Calories 114 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 195.1 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 70.8% Vitamin C 44.6%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the 250 grams of halloumi cheese into 8 thick slices. Then further cut them into 2-inch wide strips. Tear off fresh basil leaves one at a time and press them into the cut slices of the halloumi cheese.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the zest of 1 lemon and the juice form the same lemon. Add a bit of salt and pepper and olive oil and mix it. The dressing for the salad is ready.
3. Take a cast iron skillet and preheat some olive oil to a medium heat, put the haloumi slices into it with the herb side down and brown them very slowly. After a few minutes flip them over. The slices should turn golden in color.
4. In a large bowl add the crispy bacon, the carrots, and some assorted spring greens of your choice. Add the dressing and mix it well.
5. Serve on to a plate with the fried halloumi cheese and the decoratively sliced strawberries.