- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Halloween Jack-O'-Lantern Ball Sushi (Temari-Zushi) Recipe Video
|Japanese rice||300 Gram, cooked (short grain rice)|
|Rice vinegar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Smoked salmon slices||28|
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.1 mg
Sodium 256.2 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 0.3% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop avocado into small pieces.
2. In a bowl, combine vinegar, sugar and salt to make sushi vinegar.
3. In a bowl, place the rice.
4. Add the sushi vinegar while the rice is hot and slice through rice using rice paddle to separate the grains.
5. Add the chopped avocado and mix well.
6. Place a sheet of plastic wrap on your hand.
7. Place 1 or 2 slices of smoked salmon in the center.
8. Measure a bite-size amount of sushi rice and place it on the salmon. Shape them into a ball, twisting the plastic wrap as shown in the video. Unwrap and make the rest.
9. Draw a spider web on a plate with mayonnaise. Place the sushi balls on the plate.
10. Cut out nori sheet for the eyes, nose, and mouth. (Cut freehand to make expressive faces.) Place them on sushi balls.
11. Attach pumpkin seeds to each sushi ball to finish. Refrigerate before serving for better results.