- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Halim Bademjan Halim Bademjoon (Eggplant) Recipe Video
|Eggplant||3 Large, peeled, sliced lengthwise|
|Beef||1 Pound (neck)|
|White rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whey||1⁄2 Pound (kashk)|
|Onion||3 , divided (2-sliced, 1- cut into 4)|
|Turmeric powder||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Persian spice mix||To Taste (Advieh)|
|Mint powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||7 Tablespoon, divided|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Boiling water||8 Cup (128 tbs) (or more)|
Calories 939 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.1 mg19%
Sodium 605.9 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.5%
Sugars 25.8 g
Protein 30 g60.5%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, put 4 large pieces of onion. Place the beef over it.
2. Sprinkle Persian spice mix and black pepper.
3. Pour boiling water to cover the beef and simmer for 90 minutes over medium heat.
4. Cook the rice and drain in a colander. Set aside.
5. In another pan, take 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
6. Sprinkle salt to taste and fry the eggplant slices till both the sides are brown. Set aside.
7. In the same pan, add 5 tablespoon oil. Fry the onion slices till brown.
8. Remove ¾th of the fried onions for garnish and to the remaining add turmeric and Persian spice mix. Continue frying for another 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside separately.
9. To the pan, add garlic and crushed mint powder and fry for a minute.
10. In a large pot, take cooked rice. Add the beef and fried eggplants and mash it completely either using spatula or immersion mixer.
11. Put a portion of fried garlic mint mix and spiced fried onion. Blend again to incorporate.
12. In another pan, take the whey and add boiling water. Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
13. Pour this over the mashed rice and beef.
14. Mix well to combine all. Cook for another 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
15. In a serving platter, serve this rice garnished with the fried onions (step 7) and garlic- mint mix.