- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Halibut Tropicale Recipe
|Halibut steaks||2 Pound, cut in 8 portions|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Canned unsweetened mandarin orange segments||11 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Seeded green grape halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.76 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.6 mg24.2%
Sodium 635.9 mg26.5%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 48 g96.2%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 51.3%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large skillet, place the halibut steak in the boiling water, salt and lemon juice.
2) Simmer covered for 8-10 minutes until the fish turns flakey.
3) In a saucepan, mix the orange juice, cornstarch and cold water together, stir continuously and cook until the mixture is thickened.
4) Then stir in the orange segments, peel and grape halves, cook further until the mixture is thoroughly heated.
5) Remove the drained fish in a warm serving platter, spoon over the sauce and serve immediately.