- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Halibut Steak with Herbed Butter Recipe
|Boneless halibut steak||5 Ounce (1/2 Inch Thick, 1 Steak)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Reduced calorie margarine||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Divided)|
|Chervil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Prepared brown mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.2 mg
Sodium 264.3 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 22 g43.8%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 112.6%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Use non-stick cooking spray to spray a shallow baking dish which is large enough to hold the halibut steak.
3) Put the fish in the prepared pan and use oil to brush it all over and then brush with water.
4) Use foil to cover the pan,
5) Bake the fish in preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, till it flakes easily when tested with a knife.
6) In the meantime, cream the margarine with 1 tablespoon of parsley in a small bowl, along with the chervil, mustard, salt and pepper.
7) Gradually add the lemon juice and blend well.
8) Cover the mixture and chill it.
9) When the fish has cooked, take off the foil and top the steak with the chilled mixture.
10) Return the pan to the oven and bake till the margarine has melted.
11) Serve hot with lemon wedges dipped in the remaining 2 tablespoons of parsley.