- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Halibut In Yogurt Recipe
|Halibut||1 Pound, frozen (1 Package)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth||1 Teaspoon (1 Envelope)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain yogurt||8 Ounce (1 Container)|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.3%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.5 mg
Sodium 266.1 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.34 g1.4%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 19 g37.3%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a shallow 1 ½ quart casserole of baking dish.
2. In a 1 cup measure, empty instant chicken broth and add boiling water. Stir to dissolve.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F
4. In a the greased baking dish place frozen halibut
5. Pour wine over the fish.
6. Pour the prepared chicken broth over fish.
7. Sprinkle with dillweed and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
8. Bake the fish in a preheated oven for 25 minutes, until the fish flakes with a fork, basting several times with juices in the dish.
9. Take dish out of oven and carefully lift fish and transfer to a serving platter.
10. Measure 2/3 cup of cooking liquid into a saucepan.
11. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until reduced to 1/3 cup.
12. Spoon some of the hot liquid into yogurt and blend then pour yogurt into the saucepan and blend into the liquid.
13. Simmer until heated.
14. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve hot or cold.