- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Halibut En Papillote with Faro Salad, Vegetable Medley Recipe Video
|Leeks||2 Small, rinsed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Grape tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved|
|Sweet corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||4 Medium|
|Halibut fillet||6 Ounce|
|Farro/Quinoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Dash, freshly crushed (as needed, to taste)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Tablespoon, softened|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1351 Calories from Fat 399
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.6 mg
Sodium 490.2 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 175 g58.5%
Dietary Fiber 20 g80.2%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 64 g128.6%
Vitamin A 202.4% Vitamin C 118.3%
Calcium 47.5% Iron 76.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Carve out a heart shape with a large sheet of parchment paper.
2) Cut the leeks into round slices.
3) Cut the basil leaves into ribbons with a sharp knife.
4) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5) In a saute pan over a medium heat, add the olive oil and leeks. Saute the leeks, stirring occasionally until softened.
6) Stir in the corn,tomatoes and basil. Allow to cook for a few minutes, then combine with the cooked farro and mix thoroughly.
7) Place the parchment paper with the round part of the heart facing you. Spoon the farro mixture in the centre near the fold.
8) Lay the halibut fillet over the farro mixture and season with the kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
9) Then spread the butter evenly over the halibut fillet.
10) Fold the parchment paper over the halibut fillet, then crimp and fold the edges of paper starting from the broad end.
11) Lay the folded parchment paper envelope over a sheet pan and place in the preheated oven for about 18 to 20 minutes until cooked through.
12) Transfer the envelope over a serving plate, cut off the envelope and serve the Halibut En Papillote with Faro Salad, Vegetable Medley immediately.