- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Half Whole Wheat Bread In A Bread Machine Recipe Video
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (+ 1 Tbsp)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry milk||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, cubed|
|Fast rise yeast||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 377.9 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 4% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the bread maker, add the ingredients in the following order (or as suggested in the bread maker manual), warm water, honey, all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, brown sugar, dry milk powder.
2. Using a spatula move the flour to the corners of the bread maker and add the pieces of butter in the 4 corners of the maker. Add the fast rise yeast in the middle of the bread maker.
3. Put the machine on the whole wheat rapid setting, and bake the bread for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
4. Once done, remove the 1 and 1/2 pound loaf from the bread maker and let it cool down on the rack for 15 minutes before slicing it.
5. Slice the whole wheat bread into desired pieces and serve with milk or coffee.