- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Half Moons Recipe
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (2 sticks)|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Multicolored nonpareils||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 48 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.2%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.9 mg
Sodium 7.8 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.1%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 0.17 g0.34%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.2% Iron 0.28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Make the glaze in a small bowl, by combining the confectioners' sugar and milk
3. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
4. Sift the flour with salt and set aside
5. In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to beat the butter, granulated sugar, egg yolk and the vanilla together till completely blended.
6. Gradually mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture till well blended.
7. Divide the dough into half and shape each half into a roll that is 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the roll in foil or plastic wrap and freeze for 20-30 minutes.
8. Use a sharp knife, to cut the dough into ¼ inch thick round slices. Cutting each round in half will get half moon cookies.
9. Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 2-10 minutes till cooked.
10. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack and cover them with the glaze. Dip the cookies in to the nonpareils and cool completely.
11. Serve cold or at room temperature