- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Half Moons Recipe
|Soft shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground blanched almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2958 Calories from Fat 1804
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 205 g314.8%
Saturated Fat 84.2 g421.2%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 244.1 mg81.4%
Sodium 505.5 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 259 g86.3%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 96.3 g
Protein 26 g52.6%
Vitamin A 56.9% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 55.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, cream shortening with butter and granulated sugar until verv light and fluffy. Stir in almonds. Combine flour with salt; stir into shortening mixture.
2. Freezer-wrap and freeze dough until needed (up to one week).
1. Unwrap frozen dough; let thaw at room temperature until firm, but pliable.
2. Start heating oven to 325Â°F.
3. On wax paper, lightly floured if needed, with hands roll a small portion of dough (refrigerate rest) into a roll 1/2 inch thick; cut it into 4-inch lengths. Then, with fingers, shape each length into a crescent. Place on un-greased cookie sheets.
4. Bake about 10 minutes, or until set, but not brown.
5. Remove very carefully, while hot, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar combined with cinnamon; let cool on wire racks.
6. Repeat with rest of dough. Store in tightly-covered container. Makes about 4 dozen.