- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Haleem Cracked Wheat With Strips Of Chicken Recipe
|Cracked wheat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Skinless boneless chicken||10 Ounce (275 Gram)|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Garam masala||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Plain yoghurt||8 Fluid Ounce (Runny, 225 Milliliter)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh green chilies||2 , chopped (For Garnish)|
|Finely shredded ginger||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Red onion||1 , diced|
|Coriander sprigs||1 (Whole)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2067 Calories from Fat 990
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172.2%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 198.4 mg
Sodium 1018.5 mg42.4%
Total Carbohydrates 181 g60.2%
Dietary Fiber 43.6 g174.6%
Sugars 24.1 g
Protein 100 g199.1%
Vitamin A 113.6% Vitamin C 167.7%
Calcium 38.3% Iron 58.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut the skinless chicken pieces into strips, about 1 cm / 1/2 inch thick.
3. Heat the corn oil in a kadahi, wok or deep frying pan and fry the onions with the whole spices over a low-to-moderate heat until the onions are golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the garam masala, ginger, garlic, ground coriander, chilli powder, yoghurt and salt to taste. Mix the chicken pieces into the yoghurt mixture.
5. When the onions are ready, pour the chicken mixture into the onions and stir-fry over a moderate heat for a minute or two.
6. Partly cover the pan with a lid and let the chicken cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
7. Drain the cracked wheat, place it in a food processor and grind for about 1-1 1/2 minutes, gradually adding 2 cups of water to loosen the mixture.
8. Return the chicken to the heat and add the cracked wheat. Stir-fry over a low-to-moderate heat for 5-7 minutes. Keep stirring so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
9. Add half the fresh coriander and half the green chillies. If you feel the consistency is too thick (it should be like a thick soup), add a little more water. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
10. Transfer to a warmed serving plate and sprinkle with the remaining chillies and the shredded ginger, diced red onion, coriander sprigs and, if you like, some olive oil.