- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hyderabadi Haleem Recipe Video
|Lentil||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Ginger||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), juliennes|
|Garlic||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), juliennes|
|Meat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slice|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2536 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.2%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Sodium 256.3 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 410 g136.6%
Dietary Fiber 122.5 g489.9%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 142 g283.6%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 64.3%
Calcium 43.2% Iron 175.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix the leftover cooked lentil dal and rice in a pot. Simmer until thick and reduced.
2. In a separate pan, heat oil and add ginger juliennes and brown them.
3. Add garlic and partly browned onions. Fry until brown and cripsy. Keep to the side.
4. Add leftover cooked meat to the rice and dal mixture. Add some garam masala.
5. Pound the meat until it shreds. Add some oil if needed.
6. Serve Haleem in a bowl and garnish it with ginger, onions and garlic mixture.
7. Enjoy by itself or serve with naan or roti.
This dish ideally takes 7 to 8 hours if cooked in the traditional method.