- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Haddock In Chilli Sauce Recipe
|Onions||2 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Haddock fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound, skinned, boned and cut into chunks (750 Gram)|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Green chillies||4 , deseeded if desired, thinly sliced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Chili flowers||6 (For Garnish)|
Calories 746 Calories from Fat 452
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g77.7%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g87.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.3 mg
Sodium 810.7 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 23 g46.2%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 70.7%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a wok or a deep frying pan, heat oil.
2. Fry onion in the oil until soft and golden.
3. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Spoon fried onion and garlic from the wok and keep aside.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Roll haddock in flour and add to the wok.
7. Quickly brown it on all sides.
8. Drain and keep aside.
9. Put the fried onion and garlic back into the wok.
10. Add turmeric and chillies and cook for 1 minute.
11. Add lemon juice, coconut milk and salt, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
12. Cook with constant stirring until the sauce thickens.
13. Add the fried fish back to the wok and heat for 2-3 minutes.
14. Spoon on serving dish.
15. Garnish with chilli flowers, if using.
16. Serve hot.