- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Haddock Barrie Recipe
|Haddock fillets||24 Ounce|
|Shrimp||12 , cooked, shelled|
|Seasoned flour||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||6 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3292 Calories from Fat 1923
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 213 g327.6%
Saturated Fat 94.2 g471%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 950.7 mg
Sodium 4089.9 mg170.4%
Total Carbohydrates 190 g63.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 41.6 g
Protein 164 g327%
Vitamin A 83.1% Vitamin C 24.9%
Calcium 111.5% Iron 93.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
1. Wash the fillets and dry them using the kitchen paper.
2. Roll them over the seasoned flour.
3. Cut half of the butter and use it to grease the shallow ovenproof dish and place the fillets over it in single layer.
4. Take a small pan and soften the remaining butter in it. Add the flour and stir cook it for few minutes. Stir in the milk very gradually to make white sauce. Blend it with the grated sauce and finely chopped onion.
5. Coarsely chop the shrimps and add them to the sauce.
6. Season it with pepper and salt and add it with heavy cream. Stir the mixture well.
7. Spoon this sauce over the fish fillets and bake them in oven for about 20 minutes at 400°F.
8. If the fillets are not yet browned then cook them by placing the dish under hot broiler for some more time.
9. Serve immediately and accompany it with green vegetable, boiled rice or new potatoes.