- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Haddock and Tomato Pie Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Vegetable shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely sliced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled, seeded and halved|
|Cooked flaked haddock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2767 Calories from Fat 1412
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 160 g246.3%
Saturated Fat 82.3 g411.6%
Trans Fat 3.9 g
Cholesterol 1171.2 mg
Sodium 1279.4 mg53.3%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.6%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 144 g288.3%
Vitamin A 145.2% Vitamin C 90.5%
Calcium 81.7% Iron 100.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Sift together the salt and flour, cut in the butter and shortening and mix in a beaten egg. Add water if needed and set the mixture aside to chill for as long as possible.
3) Line a pie plate which is 7-inches deep and bake ‘blind’.
4) Add onion to heated butter and sauté till it is tendered. Stir the flour in and milk, stirring till the mixture is boiling. Remove from heat and add the beaten eggs and seasoning.
5) In the pastry shell, arrange the fish and tomatoes with cut-side down and season. Pour the prepared sauce and sprinkle cheese all over.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
7) Serve hot with a plain tossed green salad on the side.