- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Haddock Almandine Recipe
|Unsalted margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Haddock fillets||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Crushed basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon wedges||4 (As Needed)|
|Parsley sprigs||4 (As Needed)|
Calories 449 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.6 mg
Sodium 582.9 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 17 g34.8%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 12.2%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a saucepan and melt 1 tablespoon margarine. Saute sliced almonds for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
2) On a broiler rack put haddock skin-side down and dot with remaining margarine.
3) Season it with basil and pepper. And then put it in the broiler about 2 inches away from heat for 9 minutes.
4) Sprinkle almonds and broil for 3 more minutes.
5) Serve haddock almandine dressed up with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.