- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gypsy Garlic Chicken Recipe
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breast||8 , halved|
|Garlic||21 Clove (105 gm), peeled|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole peppercorns||1 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaves||2 Large|
|Parsley leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped (For Garnish)|
Calories 263 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.3 mg
Sodium 428 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 33 g65.4%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 22.8%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take 5 garlic cloves and slice them thin.
2) Using a sharp kitchen knife make small incisions in the chicken at 1 1/2-inch gaps and poke a garlic inside each.
3) In a skillet, heat oil on medium flame and saute onions, 16 garlic cloves and the chicken pieces until the chicken turns slightly brown on both sides. Make sure not to burn the onions and garlic in the process.
4) Add in water, tomato sauce, sherry, sugar, vinegar and season with salt and chervil.
5) Bring the liquid to a boil.
6) Meanwhile, wrap the bay leaves and peppercorns inside the cheese cloth and tie a knot around it.
7) Drop the cheese cloth into the boiling mixture.
8) Turn down the flame, cover the skillet and continue boiling for 30 more minutes.
9) When the chicken is done, carefully remove the cheese cloth.
10) Using a toothpick, pass a parsley sprig through 8 lemon slices and drop it into the chicken broth. Cook on low for 8 more minutes.
11) Garnish the Gypsy Garlic Chicken with chopped parsley leaves.