- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Guvar nu Shaak - Cluster Beans Recipe Video
|Ajwain||1 Teaspoon (carom seeds)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Cluster/gawar/Green bean||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Green chili paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander cumin powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1575.7 mg65.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.6%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 26.3% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take the washed and dried cluster beans, remove the tops off the beans and cut into 2 inch pieces. Place them in a bowl and keep aside.
2. In a pressure cooker over medium heat, add oil, ajwain, hing, turmeric powder, cluster beans and stir well.
3. Add in the green chili paste, garlic paste, sesame seeds, ground peanut, water, coriander cumin powder, salt, brown sugar and mix until well incorporated.
4. Cover the cooker with the lid and let it cook on medium high heat for 5 whistles. Once done remove from heat and let the pressure in the cooker come down naturally.
5. Serve the guvar nu shaak hot, garnished with chopped cilantro alongside chapati or a bowl of rice.
If the cluster beans are not fresh then it will take about 6-7 whistles to cook in the cooker.