- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gum Drop Gems Recipe
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Gum drops||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3000 Calories from Fat 1361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g239.7%
Saturated Fat 39.2 g196.1%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 267.2 mg89.1%
Sodium 1741.7 mg72.6%
Total Carbohydrates 364 g121.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.9%
Sugars 223.2 g
Protein 40 g79.8%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 96.7% Iron 51.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Pour the milk all over the gum drops and allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
3) Beat the egg, vanilla, sugar and shortening together.
4) To the mixture, add the gum drop mixture and then all the dry ingredients.
5) In a square greased pan, spread the concoction.
6) Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
7) While still warm, frost with vanilla icing.
8) Serve chilled or at room temperature. A good dessert for a children's party.