- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Guilt-Free Pasta Alfredo Recipe Video
|For cooking pasta|
|Whole wheat penne pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Oilve oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|2% milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose seasoning||1 Teaspoon, blend|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 653 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.2%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.3 mg
Sodium 276.9 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.4%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 24 g47.7%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 40.1% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium pan, boil water. Add salt and pasta and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off, drain the water and transfer the pasta to a plastic container and keep inside the refrigerator.
2. In a large skillet over high heat, add olive oil and garlic. Stir for 10 seconds, then add pasta and stir well with a wooden spatula. Add salt and pepper if needed.
3. In a small container with tight lid add cornstarch with some milk and shake together. Slowly drizzle into pan, while stirring.
4. Stir pasta, slowly adding the remainder of the milk and then add the all purpose seasoning blend.
5. Reduce heat and check the consistency of the sauce. Add more milk, if necessary. Add parmesan cheese and remove from heat.
6. Serve the Pasta Alfredo topped with oregano.