- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Guilt-Free Strawberry Santa Christmas Roll Cake Recipe Video
|Egg white||5 Large|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Granulated sugar||65 Gram|
|Vegetable oil||45 Milliliter|
|Cake flour||80 Gram|
|Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
|Red food colour||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whip cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For custard cream|
|Corn starch||1 Pinch|
|Vanilla seed/Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Large|
Calories 608 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.8%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187 mg
Sodium 116.6 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 36.6 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 170*C.
2. Slice strawberries into small pieces.
3. In a bowl, combine sugar, flour and corn starch. Whip it well to mix.
4. In a microwave safe dish, sift the flour, sugar and corn starch mixture.
5. In the flour mixture, add a portion of milk and mix well.
6. Now, add an egg to the mixture and mix well. Add remaining milk and mix.
7. Add vanilla beans and stir gently.
8. Filter the mixture into a microwavable dish.
9. Cover the dish with plastic sheet and put it in microwave for 2 minutes.
10. Take it out after 2 minutes and whisk it well. Put it back in microwave for another 2 minutes to thicken it.
11. For making sponge cake – in a bowl, combine egg yolk, half a portion of sugar and half a portion of vegetable oil. Whip it well until light.
12. Add water and remaining vegetables oil. Whisk it well.
13. Sift cake flour in this mixture and mix it thoroughly.
14. Whip an egg white until a firm meringue forms.
15. To the meringue, add corn starch and whip it well.
16. For making colors – in two separate bowls, put cake and flour mixture. Add flour in both the bowls.
17. For making brown color – add cocoa in 1 bowl and mix it well. Add meringue and mix well.
18. Put the color in cones.
19. On a baking sheet, place parchment paper and draw anything you want. Bake it for 2 minutes.
20. For making meringue for sponge cake – in a bowl, over warm water, pour egg whites and whisk it well to form meringue. Add the remaining meringue and mix again.
21. Add sugar and whip.
22. Add corn starch and mix gently.
23. Add food color to egg flour batter.
24. Now, keep adding meringue in small portions and keep mixing.
25. On a baking sheet, place parchment paper and put the silicon sheet with characters drawn on it. Pour the batter on it and even it.
26. Pop it into the oven for 14 minutes.
27. For making syrup - in a bowl, combine sugar, hot water and liquor
28. Place the cake on a tray and brush syrup on it.
29. Spread custard cream on it and place strawberry pieces on it.
30. Wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 60 minutes.
31. Serve with juice or milk.
The cake itself is very low in fat, but more whipping cream you add on your plate, it will be higher in fat, so please note about that. For those that are not able to take dairy products can also enjoy this by substituting milk with Soy Milk!