- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Guatita Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (cooked with annatto seeds)|
|Green onion||2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, seeded, chopped|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped finely, divided|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Cumin powder||1 Pinch|
|Beef tripe meat||3 Pound|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Peanut butter||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 168.3 mg
Sodium 217.9 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 20 g40.6%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 56.2%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the beef tripe and wash it with warm water by cleaning every sheet in between.
2. Place a wooden rack over the pot or bucket and hang the cleaned tripe on it to drain the water completely. Do this at least 2 hours before the cooking the dish.
3. Cut the tripe into small pieces as desired. Set aside.
4. Prepare the other ingredients according to the list.
5. In a pot, put oil, cilantro, green onion, red pepper, garlic and cumin.
6. Heat it on medium low and let it cook till they begin to caramelize. Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
7. Put in the beef tripe and season with salt. Stir well to mix well the ingredients well.
8. Cover the pot and let it cook in its rendered liquid for 15 minutes or till the beef tripe is done.
9. Pour milk and add the potatoes and cilantro. Mix well. Cover and continue cooking for 15 more minutes or till the potatoes is done.
10. Add the peanut butter, stir to melt and cook for another 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
11. In a serving plate, serve the Guatita with rice.