- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gruyere Croquettes Recipe
|Milk||18 Fluid Ounce (480 Milliliter)|
|Flour||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 1⁄4 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Ounce (20 Gram)|
|Groundnut oil||9 Fluid Ounce (240 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4624 Calories from Fat 3376
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 380 g585.3%
Saturated Fat 104 g520.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1367.8 mg
Sodium 1277.7 mg53.2%
Total Carbohydrates 200 g66.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g25%
Sugars 32.4 g
Protein 114 g227.5%
Vitamin A 50.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 84.9% Iron 90.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Bring the milk to the boil. Place the paste in a saucepan and add the boiling milk. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the cheese and mix well.
3. Butter a baking sheet and pour the paste onto it, spreading it evenly to a thickness of 1 /2 cm (slightly over 1/2 inch). Leave to cool.
4. Cut the paste into whatever shapes you choose: round, rectangular, square or triangular.
5. Beat the egg whites, and place the breadcrumbs on a plate. Dip each piece first in the egg whites, then in breadcrumbs.
6. In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the croquettes for 2 minutes on each side.