- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Savory Muffin - Cheese and Tomato Recipe Video
|White flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Gruyere cheese||1⁄4 Pound, dice|
|Grape tomatoes||15 Small, cut|
|Sesame seeds||To Taste|
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.9 mg
Sodium 953.5 mg39.7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 11 g21.3%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 32.9% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the dry ingredients: In a bowl, sift the white flour with the sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. For the wet ingredients: In another bowl, add the melted butter, egg, sour cream and whole milk and whisk together to combine.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and combine well.
5. Next, add the cut grape tomatoes and diced Gruyere cheese into the batter and mix.
6. Grease the muffin pan with some butter.
7. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out a portion of the batter into the buttered muffin molds.
8. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of each muffin mold.
9. Pop into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
10. Serve the muffin with a carrot and potato soup or as a side to any soup or salad.