- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grown Up Macaroni and Cheese Recipe Video
|Ditalini pasta||1 Pound (macaroni, or any pasta of your choice)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pancetta||4 Ounce, diced (Optional)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.28 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|White cheddar cheese||5 Ounce, grated (sharp)|
|Gouda cheese||3 Ounce, grated|
|Gruyere cheese||5 Ounce, grated|
|Panko||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan||1⁄3 Cup (5.28 tbs), grated|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 2436 Calories from Fat 1058
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183.1%
Saturated Fat 65.2 g326.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 347 mg
Sodium 2458.2 mg102.4%
Total Carbohydrates 229 g76.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.3%
Sugars 28.7 g
Protein 109 g218.2%
Vitamin A 61.9% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 211% Iron 31.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 400*F.
2. In a saucepan with salted boiling water, put in the pasta and allow to cook as per the packet instructions.
3. Meanwhile, in a pot, heat butter and stir in pancetta, until it gets light browns and crispy.
4. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pancetta in a plate and keep aside.
5. In the same pot, sprinkle in all-purpose flour and cook whisking continuously it for about 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Stream in little bit of milk at a time and whisk it well after each addition.
7. Add in all the cheeses to the pot and sprinkle with nutmeg, whisk well.
8. Using a slotted ladle, drain the boiled pasta and add in to the cheese sauce.
9. Stir in the fried pancetta and turn off the heat.
For the topping
10. In a mixing bowl, put together panko, cheese and parsley, and stir well to mix.
11. Sprinkle the panko mixture all over the macaroni and cheese, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 F.
12. Serve hot as desired.