- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grouse, Pheasant or Partridge in Wine Recipe
|Grouse/Pheasant /partridge||1 , cut up|
|Sherry/Port||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Seasoned flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 465.9 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 24 g47.5%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2) In a bowl, combine sherry, cloves, onion, bay leaf and sage.
3) In this marinade, let the bird pieces rest for 2 days in the refrigerator, covered.
4) Remove the pieces from marinade and dry well.
5) Strain the marinade and set aside.
6) Dip the pieces in seasoned flour.
7) In a frying pan, heat oil.
8) Brown the bird pieces on all sides.
9) In a casserole, place the browned bird and reserved liquid.
10) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
11) Now, strain the liquid from the bird.
12) In a heavy pot, bring the bird pieces to rapid boil for 15 minutes, or until reduced in quantity by one half.
13) Mix flour with cold water and add to the pot to thicken the stew.
14) Serve over steamed rice.