- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Lamb Meat Skewers Recipe Video
|Ground lamb||1 Pound (preferably a piece from the shoulder of a lamb)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mint leaves||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|Tomato||1 Medium, sliced|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 404 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.8%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.8 mg
Sodium 566.7 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 21 g41.3%
Vitamin A 53% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine meat, onion, vegetable, oil, parsley, mint, cumin, paprika, salt and nutmeg. Mix it well with your hands.
2. Roll the meat around the skewer.
3. Grill the meat over charcoal, an outdoor grill, or a grilling plate placed over your stove. If you are using a grilling plate, rub some butter on the surface for the meat not to stick. Make sure that the grilling tool is hot before placing the skewers to cook.
4. Grill the meat for a few seconds on each side till it gets browned.
5. Serve with the grilled onion and tomato slices as well as Moroccan or French bread!