- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jamaican Inspired Ground Beef & Yam Casserole Recipe Video
|For beef mixture|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Scallion||2 , chopped|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Seasoned bread crumb||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For potato and yam mixture|
|Chicken noodle soup mix||60 Gram|
|Yellow yam||200 Gram, cubed|
|Potato||200 Gram, cubed|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 296 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.6%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.7 mg
Sodium 144.7 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a large pot, add in the chicken soup mix and pour in 4 cups of water.
3. Boil yam and potatoes into the mixture until done.
4. In the meantime, cook the ground beef. Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
5. Stir in the onion, tomatoes, scallions and some thyme to the beef.
6. Add some seasoned bread crumb mixture to the ground beef and then place it to the bottom of a baking dish.
7. By this time, the potatoes and the yam would be ready. Take them out of the soup and add in butter, cheese and milk.
8. Blend the potatoes and yam with a hand blender.
9. Place the yam mixture over the beef .Bake in oven for 60 minutes.
10. Slice the pie and serve with green salad.