- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ground Beef Soup with Orzo Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Canned tomatoes with juice||28 Ounce (1 can, whole or chopped)|
|Orzo||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables/Leftover vegetables||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 586.3 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g25%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 32 g63.8%
Vitamin A 87.3% Vitamin C 66.3%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. If using whole tomatoes, cut them into smaller pieces.
2. In large pot, brown ground beef and onion; drain off fat.
3. Add tomatoes and 6 cups water; bring the mixture to boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Bring it to boil again and add orzo and vegetables.
6. Reduce heat; add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for another 20 minutes
7. Arrange the orzo in individual serving plates and sprinkle with chopped parsley.