- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ground Beef Soup Recipe
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Beef||1 Pound, coarsely ground|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon (1 Can)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Small, chopped|
|Onions||2 Small, peeled, chopped|
|Celery stalks||3 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 , peeled, diced|
|Carrots||2 , peeled|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||12 Cup (192 tbs), melted|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 3566 Calories from Fat 3366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 383 g588.9%
Saturated Fat 239.9 g1199.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1036 mg
Sodium 249 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 24 g48.3%
Vitamin A 358.2% Vitamin C 27.9%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a medium skillet over medium flame and melt butter in it.
2. Add the beef to the butter and sauté it till browned and fat is rendered.
3. Drain off fat from the skillet then tip the meat into a slow-cooker or into a crock pot
4. Except the ½ cup butter and flour, add the remaining ingredients to the pot and mix well with the beef.
5. Close pot tightly with its lid.
6. Allow the beef and vegetables to cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, preferably overnight.
7. Blend together the melted butter and flour.
8. One hour before serving time, add the flour butter paste to the soup and stir well until blended in.
9. Increase temperature to HIGH and cook for 15 minutes.
10. Ladle the beef and vegetable soup into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
11. Serve the soup hot with crusty bread, noodles or rice if you like.