- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ground Beef Sandwich Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Tomato sauce with mushrooms||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounces Each)|
|Barbecue spice seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|French bread loaf||2 , split lengthwise and buttered (Long Thin)|
|Dill pickles||4 , cut lengthwise in thin slices|
|Tomatoes||4 , sliced|
|Process swiss cheese slices||4 , each cut in 4 strips (From An 8 Ounce Package)|
|Green onions||16 , trimmed|
Calories 1353 Calories from Fat 708
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.3%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g122%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160 mg53.3%
Sodium 2129.4 mg88.7%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g36.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.2%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 63 g125.9%
Vitamin A 82.8% Vitamin C 82%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 49.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a Dutch oven, saute onion and keep aside.
2) Shape ground beef in patty, brown in pan dripping, and break into chunks.
3) In the Dutch oven, return the onion, meat, tomato sauce, salt, and barbecue spice and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
4) Spoon mixture on bread halves, top with pickle and tomato slices, then cheese strips and broil for 3 minutes ensuring to keep it 4-6 inches away from the heat.
5) Stick 4 green onions in top of each half, cut each long loaf in half and serve.