- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Salmon-Slaw Sandwiches Recipe
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salmon steaks||8 Small|
|Cabbage slaw||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.8%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78 mg26%
Sodium 408.2 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 36 g71.7%
Vitamin A 34.4% Vitamin C 43.1%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add salad oil and lemon juice and mix well.
2) Brush both sides of the salmon steaks with the salad oil mix.
3) Wrap each steak in heavy aluminum foil and double fold the edges to seal well.
4) Place the wrapped steaks over the hot coals and grill.
5) Allow to cook for 5 minutes on each side.
6) Unwrap and remove center bone by pushing it out with finger tip.
7) Remove the skin using a paring knife or tweezers.
8) Place a steak and 1/3 cup hot slaw between halves of heated bun.
9) Serve hot.