- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cajun Grilled Redfish Recipe Video
|Redfish||2 Medium, skin on|
|Canola oil||2 Teaspoon (for spraying)|
|Worcestershire sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Lime||1 Medium, cut into half|
|Tony s creole seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Fresh cilantro/Dried cilantro||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 968 Calories from Fat 447
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97%
Saturated Fat 31.6 g157.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 311.4 mg
Sodium 1978.8 mg82.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 87 g174.6%
Vitamin A 46.3% Vitamin C 32%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare you grill along with soaking mesquite smoking chips.
2. On a tray lay fish filets. Spray both sides of the filets with spray oil, especially the skin side.
3. Squeeze lime juice of half a lime over the redfish and shake out Worcestershire sauce.
4. Sprinkle on Tony’s, Garlic Powder and Sea Salt.
5. On the grill place skin down and put the lid on. The fish will not be turned.
6. Next, prepare the Cilantro Lime Butter Sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan.
7. Squeeze in another half lime. To this add a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Give it a nice stir.
8. Next add in the chopped green onions, garlic, and cilantro. Blend well.
9. Baste on a bit of the butter sauce on the redfish while on the grill.
10. After about 20 mins, we checked the fish for a white flaky doneness.
11. Bring the redfish inside and pour over the remaining butter sauce.
12. Serve with a fresh steamed broccoli or asparagus or simply with some lime wedges, and crusty garlic bread.