- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Portabella Mushroom Burger with Stewed Grilled Blue Cheese Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Portabella mushroom caps||2 Large|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Tomato||1 Medium (per person)|
|Blue cheese||3 Medium, sliced|
|Bread crumbs||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 357 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.4%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.6 mg
Sodium 695.7 mg29%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 6 g11%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat grill.
2) Wash mushroom cap and pat dry.
3) For marinade take a bowl and pour olive oil, add vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
4) Add mushroom in the marinade and mix well. Keep for 30 minutes at room temperature.
5) Cut the tomato into half and scoop out the seeds.
6) Place blue cheese in one portion of scooped tomatoes.
7) Put bread crumbs over it drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle salt and put the half tomato and cover it.
8) Take out mushroom and let it strain.
9) Grill mushroom for some time until it becomes soft.
10)Grill the tomatoes until cheese starts bubbling.
11) Take a bun and slit in between spread garlic mayo, put thinly sliced red onion rings, lettuce and tomato then put grilled mushroom.
12) Serve mushroom burger with grilled tomato.