- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Chicken with Creamy Pasta Recipe Video
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seaside white cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely grated|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely grated|
|Rotini pasta/Bow-tie pasta||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken breasts||2 , skin on|
|Cajun creole seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), warm|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Broccoli crowns/Fresh asparagus||100 Gram, steamed|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 913 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.4%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g116.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179.2 mg
Sodium 1140.7 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.4%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 61 g121.8%
Vitamin A 50% Vitamin C 48.6%
Calcium 83.8% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare your charcoal grill.
2. Wash chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel.
3. On a platter, season the chicken breasts with Cajun Seasoning, garlic powder and sea salt on both sides.
4. Let the chicken cook on the grill for about 50 mins.
5. In a deep skillet, melt the butter.
6. Once bubbly and hot, gradually add in the flour and whisk well.
7. Gradually add in warmed milk and whisk to incorporate with flour mixture. Continuously stir for 8-10 mins.
8. Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
9. Once the white sauce is thick and creamy, lower the heat and mix in the finely shredded cheese.
10. Meanwhile in another saucepan, put a small amount of water and steam the broccoli or asparagus for 5-8 mins.
11. The chicken breasts should be about done. With a meat thermometer, check the chicken's internal temperature by placing the thermometer in the thickest part of the breast. If it reads at least 160°, that chicken is ready to eat. If not, you best leave on the grill a bit longer.
12. In a deep plate, place a spoonful of pasta.
13. Add cut-up chicken breast and vegetable.
14. Spoon on the creamy cheddar cheese sauce.
15. Top with chopped green onions and some extra cheese on top.