- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Grilled Beef Ribs Recipe Video
|Beef ribs||2 1⁄2 Pound (10 pieces)|
|Asian pear||10 Ounce, cut into pieces (1 pear processed)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into pieces (Processed)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped green onions||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.3%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.6 mg
Sodium 1016.2 mg42.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 30 g59.4%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 19.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the beef ribs in water for about 2 or 3 hours to clean it thoroughly. Keep changing the water every hour rinsing the blood off the beef ribs. Rinse and drain the water.
2. Grind the cut pear and onion in a mixer.
3. Pour the pear and onion mixture on the cleaned and rinsed beef ribs and set it aside for an hour. This will help the meat to become sweet and tender.
4. In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Mix until sugar and honey dissolves.
5. After the beef has been marinated for an hour, pour prepared sauce over it and mix well. Cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for a day. Flip over the ribs once or twice while it’s kept in the refrigerator.
6. In a heated pan or grill place some of the marinated beef ribs with some extra sauce over it. Cook until the ribs are well done.
7. Serve warm with other Korean side dishes