- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Veggie Sub Sandwich Recipe Video
|Assorted vegetables||200 Gram, chopped into big chunks (Portabella mushrooms, bell peppers and onions used)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Use as per taste)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cheese slices||4 Medium|
|Sub roll||2 Medium|
|Guacamole||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato chutney||2 Teaspoon|
|Pickled cucumber||1 Tablespoon|
|Lettuce leaves||30 Gram, chopped|
Calories 610 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.3%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g88.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.3 mg20.1%
Sodium 2826.4 mg117.8%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.3%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 172.4% Vitamin C 36.8%
Calcium 56.2% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. A grill
1. Preheat the grill at 350 F.
2. Chop and season the vegetables ( portabella mushrooms, red bell peppers, green bell peppers and red onions), in Olive oil, freshly ground pepper and salt and set aside.
3. Grill the seasoned vegetables.
4. To the grilled vegetables, sprinkle some paprika and Italian seasoning for added flavor.
5. Slice open 2 sub rolls and place cheese slices inside them and grill them until the cheese melts.
6. Meanwhile cut the grilled vegetables into smaller bite size pieces.
7. Once the rolls with cheese are grilled, take them off the grill.
8. In a bowl mix guacamole and sour cream and set aside.
For the assembling:
9. Take the grilled bread/rolls, spread the guacamole and sour cream mix over the melted cheese, some tomato chutney and place the grilled vegetables over it.
10. Also add the tomato slices, pickled cucumber, olives, a couple of jalapenos and lettuce leaves. Close the sandwich and they are ready to serve.
11. Serve the sub sandwiches right away.