- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Veggie Pasta -Quick Fix from Left Over Recipe Video
|To boil the pasta|
|Whole grain pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Vegetables grilled with spices|
|Mushrooms||2 Tablespoon, chopped (Grilled with spices)|
|Red bell peppers||2 Tablespoon, chopped (Grilled with spices)|
|Green bell peppers||2 Tablespoon, chopped (Grilled with spices)|
|Onions||2 Tablespoon, chopped (Grilled with spices)|
|For the sauce|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Spaghetti sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the garnish|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.2 mg
Sodium 269.3 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 63.1%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot boil whole grain pasta in some water with salt.
2. Once boiled, drain and set aside.
3. Take vegetables of your choice, add spices and grill them. Set aside when done. (Left over grilled vegetables used in the recipe)
4. In a pan, heat some butter. When the butter melts, add garlic paste and spaghetti sauce. Stir for a couple of minutes.(Since the grilled vegetables are seasoned, the chef does not season the sauce).
5. Once the sauce is done, add the boiled and drained pasta into it along with the grilled vegetables. Mix everything together.
6. Serve warm garnished with shredded Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley.