- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Turkey And Cheese Sandwich Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Scallion||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Whole wheat bread slices||12|
|Monterey jack cheese||10 Ounce, grated|
|Turkey breast||12 Ounce, sliced|
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56.1%
Saturated Fat 19.5 g97.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.2 mg
Sodium 640.2 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 32 g63.7%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 43.2% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the stove-top grill, or place frying pan or heavy cast-iron skillet over medium-to-high heat.
2) In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and saute mushrooms, scallion, onion, and pepper until onions are soft.
3) Spread butter over bread evenly on one side.
4) Arrange six bread slices, buttered side down, on grill.
5) Place about 3/4 ounce of cheese over each bread slice, taking care not to spill cheese on grill.
6) Immediately arrange turkey on top of cheese without piling.
7) Spread the mushrooms over the turkey.
8) Sprinkle the mushroom with remaining grated cheese and place bread, buttered side up.
9) Quickly, turn and flatten sandwich using spatula.
10) Allow the sandwiches to browned on one side.
11) Flip after 3 to 5 minutes.
12) Heat each side an additional 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese thoroughly.
13) Serve Grilled Turkey And Cheese Sandwich with small mixed salad if desired.