- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Trout With Smoky Tomatillo Sauce And Cucumber Salad Recipe
|Cucumber||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin half-moons|
|Dried guajillo chilies||2|
|Dried chipotle chili||1|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomatillos||6 Ounce, husked and rinsed (5 Medium Size)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon, plus more for brushing|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped (Medium Size)|
|Onion||1 Small, diced|
|Finely chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped mint leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jalapeno||1 , very finely chopped|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Trout fillets||48 Ounce (4 Fillets, 8 Ounce Each, With Skin)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2517 Calories from Fat 1257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g216.4%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.9 mg10%
Sodium 4105 mg171%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g54.1%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 297 g594.9%
Vitamin A 145.3% Vitamin C 136.4%
Calcium 28.4% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, soak the guajillo and chipotle chilies in the boiling water until softened, 20 minutes. Discard the stems and seeds and coarsely chop the chilies.
3. Light a grill. Grill the tomatillos over high heat until they are charred all over, about 5 minutes. Discard the charred skins and coarsely chop the tomatillos.
4. In a small skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add two-thirds of the chopped garlic and the onion and cook them over moderate heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a blender, and then add the chopped chilies and tomatillos and the cilantro and mint. Puree the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
5. In a medium bowl, toss the wilted cucumbers with the sour cream, jalapeno, parsley and the remaining chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Brush the trout fillets with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Oil the grate and grill the fish over high heat, skin side down, until the skin is crisp, about 3 minutes. Turn the fish fillets over and grill until they are just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer the grilled trout to plates and serve with the chili tomatillo sauce and cucumber salad.