- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tri-Tip Bbq Recipe Video
|Tri-tip||3 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning mix||2 Tablespoon (SusieQ Tri-Tip seasoning)|
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.3 mg22.8%
Sodium 245.5 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 34 g67.5%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedGrill
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Trim the tri-tip for excess fat.
3. Rub the tri tip with canola oil and season it with susieq seasoning, season it well on both sides.
4. Place the tri tip on the grill with the meat side down and cook for about an hour and half
5. Flip the side and put fat side on the grill and continue grilling, once the internal temperature reaches to 100-120 degrees the tri-tip is done.
6. Once done remove and cover the meat with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
7. Slice the tri tip and set aside.
8. Serve the Tri- Tip along with some roasted potatoes.
When fat side is grilled, fat melts and causes flare-ups. Keep water-filled spray bottle to tame the flame just in case.
Santa Maria Tri-Tip seasoning consists of an equal part mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley.
To make a wet rub, blend together equal parts salt, pepper, parsley, five to six medium cloves of fresh garlic and 1/4 cup olive or canola oil. This can be used as a marinade too.